The Branson/Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce and Convention & Visitors Bureau (BLACC/CVB) offers a variety of valuable benefits. The Membership staff continually thinks of ways to implement new and improve existing benefits to the many businesses that rely on their membership to help promote their products and services; we take that very seriously. From morning, noon, and night monthly networking events, to display space in Branson’s only Chamber of Commerce Welcome Center, to annual events and educational seminars, the Chamber’s primary reason for existing is to serve the membership. There are benefits available for no additional fees beyond the payment of annual dues, and those benefits with attached fees are carefully managed to keep the expense to the members at a minimum. Because the operation of the Chamber division of the BLACC/CVB is not directly supported by tax funding, membership dues and program/service fees are used to provide the staffing and systems necessary to create and manage programs, services, and other important benefits.
• Get to know fellow Chamber members over coffee at First Friday Coffee with Friends, have lunch and enjoy presentations by local businesses at our Branson Business Connection luncheon or wind down at Business After Hours as you network within a casual social setting.
• If you have a new business, consider hosting a New Business Showcase providing Chamber members an opportunity to learn what your business is all about.
• A Chamber TGIF is a great opportunity to engage other members in a family friendly happy hour setting to relax and have fun, while meeting other community members.
• Lunch and Learn offers workshop style education seminars sponsored and conducted by members condensed into a convenient 90 minutes during lunch. For a minimal fee, your sponsorship provides you with the opportunity to educate and inform members about your business and its services for a minimal fee.
• Our Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony, “The Black Tie Celebration,” is an elegant evening held for all members, and the event is highlighted by the presentation of community awards. Black Tie is considered by many to be Branson’s most prestigious event.
• Branson Area Business Expo is an annual business-to-business expo offering members the opportunity to showcase their goods and services.
• Festivals and special events are highlighted on the Chamber Calendar of Events. The Chamber sponsors yearly events such as the K-Swiss Ironman 70.3 Triathlon which provides economic impact and brings new visitors to the area.
• Branson Area Festival of Lights (BAFOL) is a community-wide effort during Ozark Mountain Christmas to light-up area businesses. During this time, various events and promotions take place to stress the importance of decorating your business to make a memorable impact on visitors during this season. The Chamber sponsors the Branson Area Festival of Lights (BAFOL) Drive-Through from November 1st to January 1st.
• The Adoration Parade moves through downtown Branson the first Sunday in December at dusk. This non-commercial event was started in 1948 and continues to be an important tradition for visitors and residents alike. A Chamber committee is responsible for the facilitation of the parade and there is no cost to enter a float or band.
In the BLACC/CVB Welcome Center:
• Highly visible Backlit Display advertising is available for purchase by member businesses. These small billboards are a great advertising tool for intercept marketing.
• Image Island Advertising (rotating lit display) is available for purchase by member businesses; there are four backlit displays on a rotating base.
Printed and Electronic Materials:
• The Chamber Yearbook is an annual magazine highlighting the immediate past fiscal year of Chamber business. Members receive a copy at no cost.
• The Community Guide contains useful facts and listings especially valuable to individuals and businesses seeking relocation to the Branson/Lakes Area. Applicable member businesses are listed in the Buyers Guide section. Members may receive copies at no cost.
• The Chamber sends Relocation Packets filled with pertinent information to those who call or make an e-mail request for business or personal relocation information. Chamber member businesses may have various promotional items placed in the packet for a nominal fee.
• Member Service Announcements (MSAs) are a one-page announcement sent via email to the membership database at a nominal cost. An MSA can also be linked to the website of your choice.
• During specific times of the year we will offer our members the opportunity to advertise a discount to their fellow Chamber members. These promotions usually target specific industries for advertising. We design and distribute a flyer that provides details on your discount offer. Participation information will be e-mailed through the MSA database and posted in Flash Facts.
• The Chamber website, BransonChamber.com, is accessible to members and the community. For members there is a password protected side with a community events calendar, important forms, information archives and much more. Each member is listed at no additional charge.
• Posting to the Chamber Jobs Board on BransonChamber.com is for members who have open positions within their company. There is no additional cost.
• Flash Facts is a weekly update of Chamber activities sent to all members by e-mail. Flash Facts includes important information about Chamber meetings, events,
publications, etc., as well as special announcements from member businesses.
• The Chamber of Commerce/CVB operates a welcome center for visitors as well as prospective residents and business owners. All members are encouraged to display their brochures, at no additional cost, in the Chamber’s Welcome Center.
• Hospitality Training - Based on the “Give ‘em the Pickle” program, this locally customized training session gives valuable tips for providing good customer service, while entertaining participants using short vignettes to portray examples of bad customer service. Hosted at area restaurant facilities, the sessions are usually held during the lunch hour to accommodate the work schedules of area employees and managers, with a nominal per participant cost. This training can also be provided onsite for one company’s entire staff.
• Member Benefit Orientation meetings are held regularly to orient members to Chamber programs and activities. Each orientation includes general information and features staff members presenting information about their areas of work.
• New Chamber members are entitled to one free set of membership mailing labels. All members are entitled to one free set of labels annually upon renewal of their membership. An electronic membership file can be emailed anytime.
• The Member to Member Discount Program is offered through BransonChamber. com, where members may post a discount that is offered to other members.
• The Non-Profit Newsletter is a monthly newsletter intended to help inform members of issues concerning the non-profit sector and the services that are available through
those organizations. A list of service-based non-profit members is included in each newsletter. Members may include their information at no additonal charge.
• Complaint Processing is an important Chamber benefit. Staff will forward any complaints received from customers patronizing member businesses, providing
members the opportunity to personally address these complaints and potentially retain the customer.
NOTE: All members come up for annual renewal on the anniversary date of their membership and must be in good standing to participate in members-only programs of the BLACC.
“The Branson/Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce and Convention & Visitors Bureau acts as a liaison legislatively to support the interests of the membership,” says President and Chief Executive Officer Ross Summers. The Chamber hosts meetings the third Friday of the month with area legislators, city and county officials and others. The Chamber also conducts the Very Important Political Person program, inviting legislators to come see our shows and enjoy Branson. Many lodging properties, shows and attractions offer discounts. The Chamber is a member of the Branson/Lakes Area Legislative Parnership, which hosts events including a biscuits-and-gravy breakfast on the third-floor rotunda of the Capitol where partnership members serve the legislators. For more information, contact Monica Evinger at ext. 303.
© 2013 Branson/Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce and Convention & Visitors Bureau | PO Box 1897 | Branson MO 65615
P: 417-334-4084 | F: 417-334-4139