MONTHLY NETWORKING. Contact Emily Sutliff at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Get to know fellow Chamber members over coffee at First Friday Coffee, have lunch and enjoy presentations by local businesses at our Branson Business Connection Luncheon or wind down at Business After Hours as you network within a casual social setting.
• If you have a new business, consider hosting a New Business Showcase providing Chamber members an opportunity to learn what your business is all about.
• A Chamber Family Fun Night is a great opportunity to engage other members in a family friendly happy hour setting to relax and have fun, while meeting other community members.
• Lunch and Learn offers workshop style education seminars sponsored and conducted by members condensed into a convenient 90 minutes during lunch. For a minimal fee, your sponsorship provides you with the opportunity to educate and inform members about your business and its services for a minimal fee.
ANNUAL EVENTS. Contact Julie Bolton at email@example.com
• Our Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony, “The Black Tie Gala” is an elegant evening held for all members, and the event is highlighted by the presentation of community awards. Black Tie is considered by many to be Branson’s most prestigious event.
• Branson Area Business Expo is an annual business-to-business expo offering members the opportunity to showcase their goods and services.
• Branson Area Festival of Lights (BAFOL) is a community-wide effort during Ozark Mountain Christmas to light-up area businesses. During this time, various events and promotions take place to stress the importance of decorating your business to make a memorable impact on visitors during this season. The Chamber sponsors the Branson Area Festival of Lights (BAFOL) Drive-Through from November 1st to January 1st.
• The Adoration Parade moves through downtown Branson the first Sunday in December at dusk. This non-commercial event was started in 1948 and continues to be an important tradition for visitors and residents alike. A Chamber committee is responsible for the facilitation of the parade and there is no cost to enter a float or band.
In the BLACC Welcome Center: Contact Debi Lipper at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Highly visible Backlit Display advertising is available for purchase by member businesses. These small billboards are a great advertising tool for intercept marketing.
• Image Island Advertising (rotating lit display) is available for purchase by member businesses; there are four backlit displays on a rotating base.
Printed and Electronic Materials: Contact Shelly Vorhaben at email@example.com
• Through Bransonchamber.com Membership Information Center, you can post your calendar of events, news releases, job listings and hot deals, all at no cost.
• Each week Flash Facts e-Newsletter is published and you can place a 40-word insertion to promote your event or if you have a news worthy announcement.
• Bransonchamber.com has tile ads available at a very affordable monthly fee. Premium positions will become available in August of 2014 with the re-design and upgrade of the site.
• New in 2014 is Flash Facts premium Header and Footer advertisement space. You also get a free link to your URL site.
• Member Service Announcements (MSAs) are a one-page announcement sent via email to the membership database at a nominal cost. An MSA can also be linked to the website of your choice. They are also published on Facebook and Twitter.
• The Chamber sends Relocation Packets filled with pertinent information to those who call or make an e-mail request for business or personal relocation information. Chamber member businesses may have various promotional items placed in the packet for a nominal fee.
• The Chamber Yearbook is an annual magazine highlighting the immediate past fiscal year of Chamber business. Members receive a copy at no cost.
• The Community Guide contains useful facts and listings especially valuable to individuals and businesses seeking relocation to the Branson/Lakes Area. Applicable member businesses are listed in the Buyers Guide section. Members may receive copies at no cost.
• The Chamber of Commerce operates a welcome center for visitors as well as prospective residents and business owners. All members are encouraged to display their brochures, at no additional cost, in the Chamber’s Welcome Center.
• Hospitality Training - Based on the “Give ‘em the Pickle” program, this locally customized training session gives valuable tips for providing good customer service, while entertaining participants using short vignettes to portray examples of bad customer service. Hosted at area restaurant facilities, the sessions are usually held during the lunch hour to accommodate the work schedules of area employees and managers, with a nominal per participant cost. This training can also be provided onsite for one company’s entire staff.
• Member Benefit Orientation meetings are held regularly to orient members to Chamber programs and activities. Each orientation includes general information and features staff members presenting information about their areas of work.
• New Chamber members are entitled to one free set of membership mailing labels. All members are entitled to one free set of labels annually upon renewal of their membership. An electronic membership file can be emailed anytime.
• The Member to Member Discount Program is offered through BransonChamber. com, where members may post a discount that is offered to other members.
• Complaint Processing is an important Chamber benefit. Staff will provide complaintants with the resources to address their complaint.
“The Branson/Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce acts as a liaison legislatively to support the interests of the membership,” says President and Chief Executive Officer Ross Summers. The Chamber hosts meetings the third Friday of the month with area legislators, city and county officials and others. The Chamber also conducts the Very Important Political Person program, inviting legislators to come see our shows and enjoy Branson. Many lodging properties, shows and attractions offer discounts. The Chamber is a member of the Branson/Lakes Area Legislative Parnership, which hosts events including a biscuits-and-gravy breakfast on the third-floor rotunda of the Capitol where partnership members serve the legislators. For more information, contact Monica Evinger at ext. 303.